Gajar ka halwa is a popular sweet dish from North India, made by simmering grated carrots with milk, sugar, and ghee (clarified butter) until it thickens and takes on a pudding-like consistency. It is typically flavored with cardamom and garnished with nuts such as almonds or pistachios. It is a traditional dessert often made during festivals and special occasions, and is also a popular winter dessert in India as it is made with freshly harvested red carrot
Gajar ka Halwa – the traditional Indian dessert. Gajar ka Halwa is a sweet, halwa-like dessert made from semolina, sugar, and milk. It’s usually eaten as a dessert or as part of a special breakfast or afternoon tea. If you’re looking for a delicious way to end your day, then watch this video and learn how to make Gajar ka Halwa! We’ll walk you through the recipe step-by-step, and by the end of the video, you’ll be able to make this traditional Indian dessert yourself! Ingredients:
Gajar – 1kg
Milk ( cow or buffalo) – 2kg
Sugar – 250gm
Elaichi – 4
Dry Fruits – According to your usage
Saffron – 2 to 4,
Deshi Ghee – 150gm
Process of ga
- cut the carrots into 2 pieces.
- Take a pressure cooker add ghee put carrots and saffron
- keep stirring on low flame.
- Meanwhile, keep milk boiling till half of the quantity.
- After 15 minutes close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook till1 whistle.
- After 1 whistle open the lid and check with a fork.
- Add milk
- now mash with a ladle while stirring milk and gajar .
- now use a masher for mashing.
- take ghee in a pan and fry Almonds and raisins.
- Add dry fruits and sugar.
- keep stirring for the best consistency.
- Gajar ka haiwhttps://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/carrot-halwa-recipe-gajar-ka-halwa-recipe/a is ready.